Saturday, April 25, 2009

Too Hot!!!

So last night I decided to clean instead of bake but clearly I picked the wrong thing. It was 96 degrees today and the gas oven did not help things! Our ac is set to 70 and it is currently 80 in our house and the oven has been off for over 2 hours!

So anyways I started out this morning with a yummy omelet! It had spinach, mushrooms, tomatoes, and goat cheddar!!! yummmmm
Then I got to work on writing my final reflection for tutoring. I finished writing that and made some copies of some things for my parent packet and then broke for lunch. I wasn't starving so I just had a little risotto that I pulled out of the freezer yesterday (another freezer find! If I had known I had this food in there I would have waited to go to the grocery store!). It was sundried tomato and mozzarella risotto that I made a while back! It was delicious.
Then for dessert a delicious ice cream sandwich. I think I've decided I like the other ones better. The banana flavor in these is good but I think I prefer it without. Actually I think what would be amazing is if they just had a plain strawberry, chocolate, and vanilla coconut ice cream sandwich. That would be delish!
After lunch I got to work on baking. Since I have no measuring cups I used this glass as my one cup guide!!! I actually found an old disgusting blender that came with out house and poured one full glass of this into it and it was exactly one cup so yay! Then i put that blender far far away because it was really gross.
Then as I was searching for vanilla in my cabinet I discovered a miracle!
I knew I had bought measuring spoons from the dollar section when I bought my hot pink measuring cups! I couldn't find them for the life of me when I was packing up my kitchen stuff but for some reason they were in my cabinet behind all my baking necessities! The only downside to this search was that I had no vanilla so all my cookies had to be sans vanilla.

So first I mixed up my monster cookies! I got nervous about adding the coconut so I baked about half the cookies without the coconut and then added it in to the second half.

Above without coconut and below with it.

I went kind of picture crazy! hahaha so the final verdict is that next time if I add coconut I need to decrease the oats because they were too crumbly, however they were delicious.

So the recipe originally came from my old roommate Vicki, and it is actually her birthday today! The original recipe calls for normal semi sweet choc chips instead of recess pieces but you can really put in whatever you want in monster cookies- m&ms would work too if your not a big peanut butter person.

Monster Cookies
1 stick butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
3 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/4 cups creamy peanut butter
2 teaspoons baking soda
4 1/2 cups oatmeal
8 oz mini semi sweet chocolate chips
8 oz reeses pieces

Cream together the butter, sugars, and eggs until fluffy. Add the vanilla and peanut butter until its incorporated together. Stir in the oatmeal and baking soda. Then add in your mix ins (choc chips, reeses pieces, m&ms or whatever you want- don't limit yourself to this specific recipe!)

So after baking monster cookies for forever (I only had one cookie sheet!) I started on the White Chocolate Macadamia cookies! White chocolate macadamia are probably my favorite cookie, which is funny because I never make them! I think I've made white chocolate macadamia cookies maybe once in my entire life, but I always get them when I see them somewhere else, especially the ones at Subway! So after searching through All Recipes I settled on White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies IV. Most of the other recipes had brown sugar in them and I really don't think brown sugar belongs in a white chocolate macadamia cookie!

So this recipe was definitely a keeper and exactly what I was looking for!
Some of all of the cookies!
All the sans coconut monster cookies!!
And here are the ones with the coconut!
And the white chocolate macadamia!
Then once the oven was off I took a much needed shower! I have to say I might have been sweating more baking in the 96 degree weather then when I was cleaning yesterday with the ghetto vacuum! Then for dinner I made some pasta. I sauteed up some mushrooms, onions, and garlic and then added some spinach and tomatoes and made a sauce with milk, a little goat cheddar, and asiago.
It was delicious but while I was making it I was thinking I should have skipped cooking tonight because the stove was heating up the kitchen and I was sweating again! I hate hot weather!! The plan for the rest of the night is to finish up my parent packet because tomorrow is church, hanging out with the grandparents, and then nail painting party tomorrow night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Amanda @ BloggerBuster