Thursday, April 9, 2009

Baking Extravaganza

Oh my what a busy day!!!!!!!!!!! I was cooking almost all day! yay! First I woke up and had a little bit of Fage with some honey and granola. Then on the side I had a slice of the Pepperidge Farm Cranberry Orange Bread with some of that Barney Butter. I wasn't that impressed with the Barney Butter, I like the 365 from Whole Foods better- not only because its the chunky kind but it also has a little different taste too.
Then I started cleaning my room and putting away a lot of the stuff I brought home! For lunch I had a yummy sandwich- porccioto, munster, sprouts, tomatoes, lettuce, dill mayo, and sourdough bread!

Then Rachel came over and we had a baking extravaganza! I got the almond butter out and Rachel wanted to try a spoonfull (not the Barney butter but also not the 365 it was some other kind from Harris Teeter but it was chunky!!)
Then we baked and baked and baked! We baked Guniess Chocolate Cupcakes (that later got a Bailey's frosting)
We baked funfetti cupcakes from a box lol and then eventually decorated them all Easterly!
We baked carrot cake cookies and made a pineapple cream cheese filling.
And we baked maple almond butter cookies!
So here are the Carrot Cake Cookies with Pineapple Cream Cheese Filling from Cookie Madness


Those were for sure my favorite of everything we made! Oh my gosh they were sooooooo good!!!!

Then we decorated our easter cupcakes! They got green frosting, green cocounut, pink peeps, and jelly beans!
yay! I look ridiculous because I thought she had already taken the picture hahah!

Then we frosted our Guiness Chocolate Cupcakes with a Bailey's frosting- it was like a stick of butter, a box of powdered sugar, and a little mini Bailey's bottle. Rachel brought the recipe so I'm not sure where it came from but maybe she can comment with the link!
I just realized I don't have a picture of the Maple Almond Butter Cookies. They are pretty good the first ones I overcooked but the second batch turned out a lot better! The recipe is from Jenna's Blogger E-Cookbook, I'm sure you could still donate the $10 and get it if you wanted!

Then as soon as we finished baking I started dinner! I made Orange Beef Stirfry- I made the beef kind of from this recipe from Allrecipes. Then I also made some more of the sauce and made a lot of veggies in it too- broccoli, mushrooms, carrots, green peppers, and snow peas! Oh my gosh this was soooo good! I love the orange sauce and everything but especially the mushrooms absorbed the sauce and tasted sooooo good!

Yummm! So now I have to run so I can play Hoopla with my family!!!!

1 comment:

 
Design by Amanda @ BloggerBuster