Wednesday, May 13, 2009

I miss my computer

It has been a busy last couple of days. Unfortunately my stuff is still not all unpacked and my room is still a mess. I am trying to consolidate everything I had in my room in Richmond in with the stuff I already had in my room here. I think I've finally got all my furniture situated but it still a long way from where I need it to be. I was suppose to go to Richmond today for Courtney's b-day but I can't even begin to find the things that I would need to pack to get down there, not to mention that my vera is filled with stuff. I also have my VRA's on Saturday and I really need to buckle down and look over that stuff so I don't fail them.

Anyways starting with Sunday night, I think that is where I left off on my last post. We had taco salad. Spinach, tomatoes, green onions, cucumbers, and of course the obligatory taco meat and tortilla chips.For breakfast Monday I made a Kashi Go Lean Strawberry Flax waffle topped with some 0% Fage and lemon curd. Can you tell I went to the grocery store on Sunday hahaha. It was really good but missing fruit. I was going to cut up some strawberries but apparently somebody ate all of them.

Then in between breakfast and lunch I made Ani's raw donut holes. I have been dying to make these because I keep seeing them around the food blog world, but I didn't have a food processor at my house in Richmond. It was on the top of my list of things to make when I moved back home so here they are!
They were delicious. My only problem was I couldn't find any just plain old dried pineapple with no sulfur or preservatives or extra sugar on my quick grocery run to Giant. The pineapple I found was loaded with all that junk and therefore made it not very squishable. I'm going to have to try to make these again after getting some good dried pineapple at Wegmans or Whole Foods, because these kind of have chunks of pineapple in with all the other ingredients that got squished together, but it was still delicious!

Then I took my dog out for a run because it was gorgeous outside and our treadmill is broken. It was actually my first outside run and I enjoyed it and I would make it a normal thing except I know that the weather Monday was the exception to the rule in May and it will only get hotter. Even today it is much warmer and I think I might wait until this evening and try to go out and run. I can see myself running outside in the Fall/Winter but I am defiantly a cold weather person and hate the heat, so I think I need to locate a new treadmill for these summer months.

When I came back I stretched out my dogs legs lol. Does anyone else run with their dog? This was the first time I had ever taken my dog for a run and I figured she needed to stretch her legs just like I do. Then in the mail came a free sample or Rachael Ray's dog food- Nutrish.
So I gave some to Charlotte for lunch and she was pretty excited about it!
See that huge tongue! hahaha For my lunch I tried these Morning Star tomato and basil pizza burgers.
I put them on a sandwich with some smoked cheddar, tomatoes, spinach, and lots of Sabra
And of course for dessert I had on of the donut holes.
Then for dinner it was pizza night! I got 2 big pizza crusts for 'my pizza' and 'my mom's pizza' and then 2 little ones so my sister and brother could make their own. I knew my sister wouldn't eat more than the little one and my brother would rather have his own little one and then eat some pieces from the others. And my dad eats off both mine and my moms.

My sister made plain old cheese pizza, it had some sauce, some fresh mozzarella along with shredded mozzarella and cheddar and pepperonis on half.
My brother's pizza had normal pizza sauce, fresh and shredded mozzarella, cheddar, ham, peperoni, and basil.
Mine had pesto, fresh mozzarella, goat cheese, campari tomatoes, shitake mushrooms, green onions, and basil. yummmmmm my favorite kind of pizza!!!
And my mom's had normal pizza sauce, fresh and shredded mozzarella, cheddar, peperoni, ham, pineapple, green peppers, green onions, shitake mushrooms, campari tomatoes, garlic and I think that's it.

For breakfast yesterday morning I made another delicious Kashi Waffle and topped it with some pineapple and this So Delicious coconut milk passionate mango yogurt. It was delicious!
Then I went and chopped my hair off! I was getting so tired of long hair in the summer. My hair is really thick and it just takes too long to blow dry. I will take pictures later and post them tomorrow! I came home and ate a quick lunch of leftover pizza then ran back out to do some more errands. I hit up Home Goods, Target, Lowes, and Michaels in search of baskets and corner shelves for my room. I stopped at this place called Juiced that is attached to the World Gym in hopes that it was a juice bar. But it was a smoothie place, no juice, but it was pretty good. I'm not even sure what I ended up with but I think it had pineapple, banana, and some kind of veggie supplement thing in it. Since the Tropical Smoothie by Giant has been saying Coming Soon for over a year now this might be the only good smoothie place in the area so I'll probably be hitting it up some more!
Then I came home and worked on organizing my furniture in my room for forever. My dad made a delicious dinner of some leftover coconut shrimp, green beans, and some of his yummy tilapia concoction. He changed it a little last night but basically he usually uses some parmasean (or a parmasan, asiago, and romano mixture if we have it), a little light mayo, lemon juice, and a mixture of herbs like basil and oregano. Last night he added in some bread crumbs as suggested by my mom. It was good but I think we decided the breadcrumbs would work better if we dipped the fish in egg and breaded the entire thing and the mixture without breadcrumbs is better as just a topping.
This morning I tried another waffle combo. I put almond butter on half the waffle and topped the other half with pineapple and mix of lemon curd and plain fage. I wanted to try the almond butter with the yogurt but I didn't want to mix it all together in case I didn't like it. It was really good though, so I ended up mixing it all together anyways!
For the rest of the day I am working on organizing my room some more and studying for the VRA's! My computer is still away at Dell and I miss it! However I got my old laptop up and running (we will see how long it lasts) so hopefully I can update more regularly for the rest of the week, until the weekend because I'm going to my grandparents house in West Virginia where they do not have wireless internet!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Amanda @ BloggerBuster