Monday, July 6, 2009

Puppy Play Date!

I hope everyone is having a great day! Charlotte had a very fun and exhausting day playing around with Corbin!

Last night for dinner my mom made a chicken casserole. This is like one of the only ways I eat chicken.
Wild Rice Chicken Casserole

6 ¼ ounce package quick-cooking, long grain and wild rice
1 cup cooked, chopped chicken
1 cup finely chopped celery
1 ¼ cups finely chopped onion
1 cup light mayonnaise
10 ¾ ounce can condensed cream of mushroom soup
paprika

1. Preheat oven to 325°
2. Cook rice according to package directions
3. Combine rice with chopped chicken, celery and onion
4. Place in a 8 by 8 baking pan
5. Stir mayonnaise and cream of mushroom soup together and spread over chicken mixture.
6. Bake covered for 1 hour, uncover for last 5-10 min of baking and top with paprika if desired

Last night after dinner we watched the movie Seven Pounds. I have been wanting to watch this movie for a while, there has just always been other movies I wanted to see more. If you haven't seen it I highly recommend it, it was so good but so sad!

This morning I had a lovely breakfast of Vanilla Chobini with coconut cranberry granola.
Then I lounged around and wasted time online. I was about to go out to the pool when Maggie texted me that she was up in Manassas. So I quickly showered and made lunch so we could take our puppies to the dog park! Lunch was some bunny butts with tomatoes!
And I made some juice to take with me- apple, orange, carrots, beet, and ginger! It was delicious
Charlotte spent her time at the dog park sniffing everything, sitting in the shade, and not playing.Corbin on the other hand spent his time playing with me and Maggie, sniffing everything, and sitting in the little kiddie pools. hahaha our dogs are so social!
After the dog park we brought the dogs back to my house to let them play in the pool. They were like totally different dogs, they started chasing each other around and we ended up putting them both on a float in the pool where they both ended up in the water totally wet. All this excitement has really worn out Charlotte though, she is now fast asleep on the couch!

For dinner my mom made spaghetti and I was able to convince her to leave some sauce out sans the hamburger that she puts in. I had some spaghetti along with a roll and green beans.
After dinner my sister and I went to starbucks where I got an iced Apple Chai! yummmm!
And we left some Operation Beautiful notes around Gainesville! If you haven't heard of Operation Beautiful check it out!
Now we are watching some Clive Own movie and I have no idea what is going on because I haven't really been paying attention so I guess I better go figure out what I've missed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Amanda @ BloggerBuster