Sunday, May 3, 2009

Going Away Party!

Sorry I haven't posted at all this weekend!! Friday I was sick and I spent most of the day in bed! I really don't remember what I ate but I promise you it wasn't exciting and I was too sick to take pictures! Luckily on Saturday I was feeling better because I had my going away party that night and didn't want to be sick for that! I wasn't feeling 100% in the morning so I started the day with some cranberry orange toast with almond butter- of course.
Then I had some spiced tea that my mom makes- it is basically instant tea, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, lemonade, and tang (i know it sounds gross but its actually really delicious). It was exactly what I needed and I felt so much better!

After breakfast and a shower I ran to the grocery store to pick up supplies for all the things I was planning on making. When I got back I made a wrap for lunch. It had my last portabella gardenburger, spinach, goat cheddar, and hummus!
And the last juice box that I hijacked from our tutoring party last week.
Then I made some spiced nuts- it was a mix of almond, pecans, and walnuts. I cooked them in some melted butter and then added brown sugar, cinnamon, and cloves. They were delicious and I would have added some nutmeg too but I didn't have any!
Then I made some fake samoa girl scout cookies from Baking Bites. They were delicious- my only problem was that I didn't have all the coconut it called for and it definitely could have used more. And I also ran out of chocolate so they didn't all get chocolate on the bottom!
Then I made some asiago garlic bread. It was asiago and garlic (clearly haha) mixed with a little mayo, basil, and oregano. They were pretty delicious.
And I got some Sabra hummus- which is pretty much the best hummus ever.
And some Sundried Tomato and Basil Wheat Thins and Fire Roasted Tomato and Olive Oil Triscuits to go with the hummus.
So the party was wonderful- I got to hang out and see a lot of people. It made me kind of sad because I'm pretty excited to move back home and not be in Richmond anymore but I'm going to miss everyone so much!!!! There will definitely be lots of visits back down here so I can see everyone!

This morning on my way to church I snacked on a chocolate coconut Raw Organic Food bar. yum, yum, yum. This was sooooo delicious! It is definitely up there with my new favorite kind of bar. It was really moist and had little chocolate chips all through out it. Delicious!
After church Grace and I got swiped into Shafer by two freshman! yay for free food, even though Shafer pretty much is gross! I opted for a waffle and I topped it with some vanilla yogurt and pineapple off the salad bar. It was actually pretty good, but it would have been better with fresh pineapple and/or strawberries!
Now I'm getting read to head out and go get coffee with Ashlee Giles! I'm so excited because I haven't seen her in a really long time (like probably back in September at my b-day party!). I'm trying to make sure I get to see everyone before I leave- especially everyone that couldn't make it out last night! So today is Ashlee Giles, tomorrow is lunch with Emily and Megan and then dinner with Ashley Callaway/Turner. Then sometime, possibly Tuesday for lunch Kylin and I are going to go to Cous Cous and then on Wednesday Grace and I may be doing lunch! My days are filling up fast and there are definitely more people I need to see before I leave!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Amanda @ BloggerBuster