Thursday, May 28, 2009

Back from Ohio

So I got back from Ohio last night! It was really fun and I'm glad that I got to go. The week was filled with lots of junk food- tons of birthday cakes and pies along with chips and brownies haha. For the most part I just chilled with my cousins and my family. We had mass birthday celebrations, starting with Braden's birthday party on Saturday night. He had a Cars themed party and had an awesome Lightning McQueen cake.


Here are my cousins and I chilling at Braden's b-day bash! A pretty awful picture but the only one I managed to get of me, Coleen, and Jenna!Then on Sunday we had another birthday celebration for everyone else who had birthday's previously or coming up soon! We had some awesome strawberry pie made by my great aunt.
And of course another birthday cake for my cousins and my grandpa! It was pretty delicious- half was vanilla and half was chocolate and I had some of both throughout the week.
On Monday Leesa, Jenna, and Coleen all had to leave to go back to school and work. Poor Coleen is still in school for another month for her spring semester classes!

Tuesday we drove across the river to West Virginia to go to Hillbilly Hot Dogs. Apparently it was on the Food Network on Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives. It was definitely an experience! It is decorated like a rundown hillbilly shack in West Virginia (which is kind of exactly what it is!) You order your food and then you can take it on one of these 2 old school buses that they have converted into a "dining area"
As for the food- you could get almost anything you could imagine on your hot dog. I got a West Virginia dog which had their special sauce, mustard, onions, and coleslaw.My grandpa's was more interesting- he got a junkyard dog. I don't even know what was on there but it at least sauerkraut, coleslaw, bbq sauce, jalapenos, and who knows what else. He tried to get it without the jalapenos but the guy told him he had to try it with a couple because once you eat them all together it tastes different then you might think- so he stuck 2 on one of the ends hahaha. The guy that owns the place is so nice and he talked to us for a while when we were trying to figure out what to order. I'm really not a big hot dog person but this was totally worth going to for the experience, if you are ever up in the Gallipolis, Ohio area or Huntington/ Point Pleasant, WV area you should definitely check it out.
After our hot dogs we drove down to Point Pleasant to see the Mothman statue! My family has lots of stories of people that were just about to get on or just got off the Silver Bridge before it collapsed so it was fun to go see the Mothman! I got my picture taken with the statue.
And Braden got his taken in the cut out thing. It was so bright outside when you tried to take a picture you couldn't see the screen and really didn't know what you were taking a picture of. My grandpa was taking pictures and took one of me in here too but it isn't on my camera so either it didn't get taken because he couldn't see it or maybe the mothman deleted it!We went into a little souvenir shop thing and got to talking to the owner for a while. He told us that people still see the mothman in the area occasionally and mothman sightings have been reported in other places too (like right before the second plane crashed into the towers on 9-11 and right before that other bridge collapsed up in Minnesota). If you haven't seen the movie or don't know the story behind the mothman check out Mothman Lives. It is pretty interesting even though it is probably all totally made up.

Anyways yesterday we headed back to Virginia and after a long 2 hour stop at Bob Evans (I use to think Bob Evans was just an old people thing but apparently its an Ohio and old people thing and considering my grandparents are both old and from Ohio its their favorite restaurant lol) with the grandparents I finally made it home. I spent all of last night and most of this morning catching up on the internet! Having no internet for a week has really left me behind on everything- I'm all caught up on my all but one of my e-mail accounts, facebook, and twitter, but I don't think I'll ever catch up on all the blogs so I'm just going to skim through the pictures and see if there looks like there is anything interesting! Then I'm going to unpack and do some laundry and clean out a closet downstairs to move some of my stuff into that has just been sitting in the dining room.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Amanda @ BloggerBuster