Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Melting Pot

Sorry for the lack of posting! I had every intention of posting last night but got distracted by looking up Au Pairing in Australia, which I think I might try to do next summer when my cousin is in Australia doing her last rotation for physical therapy.

Anyways to make up for my lack of posting here are some cute kitty pictures! Prissy was mad the other night because she wanted to go to sleep but I was still awake. So she covered her eyes with her paw.

awww she's so cute! Anyways yesterday in preparation for the melting pot I ate hardly anything so I could stuff my face at dinner. I had some unpictured cheese and a green monster during the afternoon. Then Rachel and I headed over to the melting pot!

We started with the cheese fondue of course! Cheddar because Rachel doesn't like anything else.

We had apples, various bread, and veggies to dip in the cheese fondue. It was delicious, my favorite kind of fondue after the chocolate of course.
The next course was salad. I had the caprese salad with big chunks of mozzarella, tomatoes, basil, and various greens drizzled with a balsamic vinegar dressing. I also topped it with some of their special garlic and wine spice thingy. It was delicious, one of the best salads I've ever had!
And Rachel had the house salad which she attacked!
Then we had the main course. We promptly dumped in all the veggies since they take longer to cook.
And here is our plate of dippers- some sundried tomato chicken, 2 kinds of steak, some really yummy mushroom filled pasta thingys, and shrimpies!
And of course we had lots of yummy sauces.
My favorite being the gorgonzola sauce which I put on everything.
And somehow I managed to miss taking a picture of our chocolate fondue. We got milk chocolate with Baileys, because Rachel doesn't like dark! And to dip in it we had strawberries, bananas, rice krispies, brownies, cheesecake, poundcake, oreo covered marshmallows, and graham cracker covered marshmallows. It was all so delicious and I was definitely stuffed at the end.

I was still stuffed this morning and skipped breakfast and went straight to lunch. I made this delicious wrap that had my last pizza veggie burger, the last of my sharp cheddar, tomatoes, spinach, and some dill mayo. Yummmmmm
After lunch the Fed-Ex man came and delivered our new phones! Mine is currently charging and once its all charged I can play with it more! While I wait for it to charge my sister and I are watching the Twilight commentary because she hasn't seen it yet! It is hilarious- if you love Twilight and haven't watched the commentary on the DVD yet you should do it immediately it is hilarious!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Amanda @ BloggerBuster