Friday, June 5, 2009

Graduation Festivities Begin

Sorry again for the lack of updating! Starting last night was the beginning of a week of graduation festivities for my little sister! Last night was the baccalaureate service, but before we get to that. Wednesday night we had a wonderful dinner. It was suppose to be a pork tenderloin in the crockpot with bbq sauce. However it was so tender that when we tried to cut it, it just shredded apart. So instead we made bbq sandwiches sans the sandwich part! I like it better that way anyways! It was really good, I have no idea what kind of bbq sauce my mom used but it was really good, tangy not smokey- just the way I like it (but usually not the way my parents like it, so I was surprised). On the side were some leftover zucchini and mushrooms.
Yesterday morning I woke up and had a green smoothie for breakfast. This combo was vanilla yogurt, 2 cups spinach, strawberry fruit popsicle, and a handful of mini strawberries. It was really good, I was worried because we were out of bananas and fruit yogurt and the strawberries we had were really not good but the strawberry popsicle makes all the difference!
Then for a quick lunch I had some leftover Moroccan Cous Cous
with a side of this awesome garlic and herb cheddar cheese. Holy cow this is seriously some of the best cheese ever! It is so good!
Then I had plans of making cookie dough cupcakes for after my sister's baccalaureate. I mixed up the cookie dough and rolled up half of it into balls and then was going to make cookies with the other half. However our drawer that holds the cookie sheets has been stuck for about a week. Luckily my dad was working at home and I told him that if he wants cookies he has to get the drawer open. We couldn't see what was stuck so we stuck my camera in the drawer and took a picture and found thisHahahah, my dad somehow got it open and the circle pan was very bent but at least we go the drawer open! So I was able to make these mini chocolate chip cookies- from the recipe on the back of the Toll House chocolate chip bag. This is my go-to chocolate chip cookie recipe, it never fails.
After my cookie dough balls froze I made some cupcakes. I used this Four Egg Yellow Cake Recipe. The cake itself was really good! I highly recommend this recipe, however the balls were so ginormous that to get any cake in there I had to overfill the cupcake tins, so they kind of overflowed while baking. And I topped them with purple buttercream because my sister's school colors are purple and black. The buttercream was one box of powdered sugar, 1/4 cup butter, 1/4 cup shortening, splash of vanilla, and 3 tablespoons of milk. And I also made some chocolate graduation hats to top the cupcakes with. They were so cute! Oh and I almost forgot, I was piping the frosting on and my tip totally just fell out, so I just piped the rest of them through the hole cut in the bottom of the bag, thats why they look kind of ghetto!
For dinner my mom made some tilapia topped with a parmesan herb mixture. I was still busy frosting cupcakes and cleaning the kitchen so I ate mine straight up off the pan.
Then we went to my sister's baccalaureate.
After my sister's baccalaureate service we came home for cupcakes!
She loved the little chocolate graduation hats!
And here is a picture of the inside with the cookie dough filling. It didn't really work as well as I was hoping for. I think if I made these again, which I probably won't, then I would definitely make much smaller cookie dough balls and freeze them overnight. The recipe's that I found online said freeze them for about 2 hours, but that was definitely not enough time.
Now I'm off to go find something for lunch. I hope everyone has a great day!

3 comments:

  1. Cupcakes are fabulous!
    http://islandgirleats.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg that spinach thing looks gross tabby hahahaha. it was good until i read that was in there! WHYYYYYyyyy

    ReplyDelete
  3. whatever its so good! you can't taste the spinach at all it tastes like a smoothie but its good for you!

    ReplyDelete

 
Design by Amanda @ BloggerBuster