Saturday, June 20, 2009

Happy Birthday to my Mom!

I'm getting really bad at blogging! I think its because I have no set schedule really and so I just put it off because I know I can do it later. During the semester I would blog when I was procrastinating my school work. Now I usually blog at night before bed but a lot of times my camera is downstairs or something that I just am like oh well I'll just do it later. So my mom's birthday was on Thursday and for her birthday I made her a Chocolate Truffle Tart, a recipe I found online from Fine Living, that has been sitting in my recipe book never made!



I topped it with a raspberry sauce and it was so delicious! This recipe is definitely a keeper! The raspberry sauce was a bag of frozen raspberries thawed in about 1/4 cup of sugar. Then you keep the juice and add enough water to make a cup. You bring the raspberries, juice/water mix, 1/2 cup sugar, and 2 tablespoons cornstarch to a boil. Boil for 1 minute and add a splash of orange extract. Then strain the sauce to get rid of the seeds! Its super easy and fast and delicious!

Yesterday I babysat in the morning. The night before I made a green monster and stuck it in the fridge to grab on my way out the door the next morning. I was very happy that it was still wonderful the next morning. It was some fage 0%, orange juice, a banana, spinach, overloaded spoonful of almond butter, and some of the leftover raspberry sauce from the tart! It was just what I needed to get me through a morning playing with kids!
I had a turkey and swiss sandwich for lunch while I babysat, but was still pretty hungry when I got home. I had made some egg salad the day (hard boiled eggs, mayo, and mustard) before so I topped some wheat thins with the egg salad.
Then for dinner I warmed up some frozen tamales. I threw the box away without thinking so I can't remember what brand they were but they were Spinach and Monetary Jack tamales with a pesto sauce. They were really good and I'll buy them again and take a picture of the box!
Last night was nice and relaxing, I soaked my feet in the foot bath thingy and gave myself a pedicure. I woke up this morning and my throat was killing me. So I had some spiced tea and some toast with almond butter! It was just what I needed!
Now I'm off to go shower and get dressed, yes it is noon but when I woke up at 11:30 I was the first one up in the house! My mom and brother are still sleeping! Once everyone is up and ready we are going up to West Virginia to my grandparents house to visit some of my cousins that are down from Ohio! Hope everyone has a great day!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that tart looks awesome! And yes, you are getting very bad at blogging! Just kidding--when I started I was doing it every day (in fact, in my intro blog I think I said "100 dishes in 100 days"--right right right...now I try to do 2 a week--that is plenty.

    I think we should have a bake off--your chocolate truffle tart and my chocolate pine nut torta!

    If you have raspberries in your freezer, I am guess you have raspberry bushes? I have A TON and by the end of the summer I have 20 or so pounds of raspberries in the freezer (and blackberries too), it is awesome.

    Later,

    John

    ReplyDelete

 
Design by Amanda @ BloggerBuster