Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Snow Days!

Well not much exciting food wise has gone on this past week. Over the weekend I went down to Newport News to visit my brother and catch up with the rest of my family because my sister was going to an open house for CNU. We went out to Olive Garden where my mom called me a food snob because I did not want to go to Olive Garden because it is too chain resteraunty. I thought it was pretty funny. I ended up getting mushroom ravioli after craving it everytime I watched Twilght which was like 50 times last week because it was at the Byrd. Needless to say it wasn't great but it wasn't awful either. On the drive back from Newport News I had to stop at Sonic because there are none in northern VA and I always forget that there is one in Richmond because its in the Southside where I never go (but apparently there is a new one by Virginia Center Commons!!) So anyways I was easily persuaded by the sales guy to pay 30 cents more for the ginormous Strawberry Limeaid of amazingness!Anyways Saturday Maggie and I went shopping where I got some cute clothes that I can student teach in next semester! And some cheap tank tops from Old Navy! And we went to Casa Grande where I haven't been in forever (and I forgot to take a picture!) I got a combo that had an enchilada, a taco, and a chalupa.

So Sunday the blizzard came! It was pretty exciting, it snowed all through the night and into Monday and VCU cancelled for the first time in the 5 years I've been there!!!!! So Grace came over bright and early at 9:30 to begin the snow day! By the time everyone woke up and got dressed it was probably like 11. Then we cleaned off Kylin's car and went to Maymont where we attempted to sled on lids from the big plastic bins haha!
Me waiting for everyone to get ready so I can go play in the snow!!!!
Sledding!!
After sledding everyone came back to our house for hot chocolate! We stopped at a gas station to buy some some milk and also got a cake mix to make a birthday cake for Mike who got to have the best birthday present ever- an awesome snow day!
Bethany enjoying her Ghiridelli hot chocolate!
We decorated Mike's birthday cake with Mike and Ikes and pieces of a Hershey bar because that is what we had in our house!
So Henrico was still closed today so clearly we could not tutor our kids so my spring break officially has started! I am at home until Monday when me and Maggie and Sara fly to Florida!!! I am so excited I can't wait!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Amanda @ BloggerBuster