Monday, July 13, 2009

Sette Pizza Richmond

I am back at home after my awesome weekend spent in Richmond. This weekend was just what I needed to lift my spirits because I've been kind of down lately living back at home 2 hours away from all my friends that are still in Richmond. I'm going to be at home for the next couple weeks but I'm going to be down in Richmond 3 weekends in August for various events, so at least I have something to look forward too!

Anyways before leaving Richmond Maggie and I went to Sette for lunch. Sette is a fire roasted pizza place downtown at 23rd Street right off Main. I had been dying to try it but never got a chance before moving back home so I dragged Maggie downtown from her West End house to go get pizza. I ordered a Wild Mushroom pizza which had pesto sauce, monzerella, goat cheese, sundried tomatoes, and of course mushrooms. It was delicious and I ate half and brought the other half home! The crust was awesome and there was plenty of goat cheese which in my opinion makes or breaks the pizza. The only thing I would change about the pizza is I wish there was a little more pesto and I think I would like fresh tomatoes instead of sun dried tomatoes. Don't get me wrong I love me some sun dried tomatoes but on a pizza without tomato sauce I need some juicy tomatoes on the top instead of the dried ones!
Maggie got the 4 cheese, which was essentially the same as mine only with red sauce instead of pesto and no mushrooms. Of course we traded pieces so we could try each others. Their sauce was really good and I think I would like my Wild Mushroom pizza with red sauce on one half and pesto on the other and it would be perfect. Maggie liked the red sauce and said she would probably just add mushrooms on hers (she also loved the sundried tomatoes on her pizza and I agree with the tomato sauce the sundried tomatoes are the way to go!)

All in all I loved Sette. I think I would pick it over Bottoms Up because they have really similar kinds of pizzas and personally I thought this pizza was better and cheaper. Its a much smaller place which might make it difficult for large groups, I know that every time I've been to Bottoms Up its been a huge group for someone's birthday or other occasion. But Sette is lesser known so its less crowded and probably has less of a wait time. On a Sunday afternoon there was only one other group of people besides us there so we pretty much had awesome service. If you are in Richmond I think you should probably stop reading this and head over to Sette right now!

After lunch I headed home. There was so much traffic and what is usually a 2 hour trip took me 3 hours. Since I had such a late lunch I really didn't have dinner but instead made some apple, cucumber, and ginger juice (no carrots or beets because we were out but this was pretty good too!) and then later had a piece of toast with PB&Co's Mighty Maple Peanut Butter.

This morning I was scheduled to babysit but when I got to their house the mom told me they had swim lessons she forgot about. So instead of the usual 2 1/2 hours I was only there for 1. I immediately went to Starbucks afterwards for an Iced Apple Chai.
I had to stand in a ridiculously long line for my apple chai, I had no idea so many people were at starbucks at 11 am! While I was waiting in line the mini vanilla scone was calling my name and for only 75 cents I couldn't resist it. It was good but no scone will ever compare to a cranberry orange one!
I got home and finished reading The Tenth Circle by Jodi Piccoult! It was pretty good, not my favorite Jodi Piccoult book but also not quite as sad/ depressing as some of the other ones. For lunch I ate the leftovers of my pizza from Sette, which I didn't take a picture of because I knew it would be posted with the original pizza picture!

After lunch I helped my sister clean her room so my cousin could sleep there when they all came in town later! After they got here we laid out by the pool for a while. It was funny because my cousin is reading the Twilight series for her first time around and is on Eclipse and my sister and I had both kind of started rereading the whole series but had gotten distracted by other books. Since I just finished my Jodi Piccout book I decided that I would pick up Twilight again and my sister did the same thing. So we were all 3 out my the pool reading Twilight books while my mom, uncle, and brother rolled their eyes at us!

For dinner my mom made a roast and baked potatoes. I had a tiny piece of roast and made a baked potato loaded with chives, sour cream, and cheddar as my main meal. With watermelon and green beans on the side.
Tomorrow we are going to Harpers Ferry to go tubing down either the Shenandoah or Potomac river. Its an or because we haven't decided if we are going to go flat water tubing or white water tubing. I think we want to go white water tubing, which is down the Potomac, but we aren't sure how big the rapids are and if my little cousin could do that. So if we think its going to be too intense for him we are going to do the calm or "flat water" as they call it in the Shenandoah. I guess Harpers Ferry is where the two rivers intersect so we can go up there and talk to the people and then decide which one we are going to do.

And after tubing it is the midnight premier of Harry Potter! yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Amanda @ BloggerBuster