Sunday, July 5, 2009

Happy 4th of July!

I hope everyone had a fabulous 4th of July! My family and I ended up spending the day in DC for the first time ever! I've lived in Northern VA my entire life and have never gone to see the national fireworks.

Anyways backing up to Friday! I started off with Kashi waffle topped with some vanilla chobini
And of course some juice! Apple, Beet, Carrot, and Ginger!
Then later for lunch, a wrap with eggplant, spinach, tomatoes, hummus, cheddar and swiss cheese.
After lunch I finally fixed my blog layout! It took forever but I finally got my 3 columns! To celebrate I snacked on some strawberry banana fruit crisps!
And some cinnamon raisin wheat bread with maple PB& Co peanut butter.
For dinner my mom made a quiche!

And then for dessert a triple berry pie with a streusel topping.
And of course I topped mine with some vanilla ice cream! It was delicious!
For 4th of July I started my day with another juice! Orange, carrot, and ginger. Yummmm!
Then I made myself a wrap for dinner and we started packing up food to bring with us! We quickly ate lunch before heading out! I had an Annie Chun's Peanut Sesame bowl
Once we got into DC we immediately set ourselves up on the mall and then went to explore the folk festival that was set up. We bought some spiced almonds and pecans and then later got some fried plantains that escaped the camera.
Then my sister and I played several rounds of hangman- you have to love our word choices.And we took tons of pictures! Here is my sister, me, and my dad! My mom and brother spent most of the day reading and not paying attention to us!Eventually we busted out dinner, the rest of my family had fried chicken but I stuck to a wrap with a veggie burger, spinach, tomatoes, cheddar, and hummus!
Then it was fireworks time!After the fireworks we walked up 2 metro stations so that we could get on before everyone else and not have to wait in the mass crowds of people for the metro. It worked out pretty amazingly and we had no problem getting back home!

Today I wasn't feeling that great so when I woke up I had some Wolfgang Puck Butternut Squash soup for lunch. It was delicious!

I really haven't done much today except lounging around because I'm not feeling great, and that is probably what I will continue to do for the rest of the day!

Oh and I almost forgot! Check out Danica's blog for a change to win some Amazing Grass!

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you had a fantastic July 4th! Hope you feel better soon!

    Thanks for the Amazing Grass contest shout out!

    ReplyDelete

 
Design by Amanda @ BloggerBuster