Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Awesome Friends

I just want to say that I have the most amazing friends ever. Too bad they are all in Richmond and I'm up in NOVA now! I had a fabulous weekend that ended up being way more busy than I thought. That combined with my camera battery dying left me not being able to update everyone on the excitingness! I won't go into much detail, I'll just let the pictures speak for themselves. However other unpictured funness included my first ever drag show where one of Maggie's Radio Disney co-workers was performing, the much anticipated Shadow Games Premier at the Byrd (one of my friends has been working on this movie for years and it also stars many of my friends!), and a trip to the James River with the puppies!.
(Maggie cuddling Charlotte who accompanied me to Richmond!)

First up is a newly discovered restaurant called Palani Drive. It is over in the Libbie and Grove area. Maggie and I got a quesadilla which were amazing, however Sara's wrap was really not that great! So I highly recommend going and getting a quesadilla they have a bazillion options, mine was an italian one filled with "gorgonzola cheese, artichoke hearts, tomatoes, mushrooms, and pesto sauce on a wheat tortilla served with hummus and tabouli"
And of course what trip to Richmond would be complete without some Joes! I met up with Grace there for brunch before the Shadow Games premiere. I got a yummy omelet with feta, mushrooms, and tomatoes!
And then Kylin, my old roomie showed up!
After the movie I met up for dinner with Ashley (another old roomie from a different year), Courtney, and Maggie at Casa Grande (another staple throughout my years at VCU). However I deviated from the normal things I get and got nachos which I was highly disappointed in. Just a pile of beef and cheese on top of chips :(


And Sunday of course was Sara's birthday party! She made tons of little cupcakes and petite fours along with candy apples and rum punch. It was Mary Poppins inspired and everything was not only adorable but also delicious! She even made boxes (yes made them) so we could take home goodies with us!






Anyways I had an awesome weekend and am glad that I'm going back in a week and a half for another friend's wedding!

2 comments:

  1. All those cupcakes and sweets...and the candied apples...look AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wowzers! Look at all that sugary gooddnes!

    ReplyDelete

 
Design by Amanda @ BloggerBuster