Saturday, February 21, 2009

It's All Greek to Me

So as promised here are some pictures of the enchilada casserole that I made the other night and ate for lunch yesterday! This is it cold from the fridge it looked much better when it was all warm and bubbly!

And I warmed it up in the microwave and topped it with sour cream because who eats Mexican food without sour cream!So last night I decided to make a yummy Greek dinner!! I made Mousakka and it was pretty good- not as good as the one at the Crazy Greek but it was the first time I ever made it so it was pretty good for that! I got the recipe here from all recipes and then just changed a couple of things. But basically it is just potatoes then eggplant and then zucchini and then the yummy ground beef mixture then feta and the white sauce! My mom and I decided that next time we would prob not use the potatoes or at least not use as many and add more tomatoes into the beef mixture.And to go with the mousaaka I made a greek salad with some iceburg lettuce, cucumbers, campari tomatoes, and of course lots of feta cheese! Nobody in my family really likes olives so I left them out. The tomatoes were so juicy, sweet, and delicious which was really surprising considering it is February. Campari tomatoes are definitely my favorite tomatoes and they are the perfect size for salads you just cut them in half or quarters and throw them in! I also made a dressing of evoo, red wine vinegar, mustard, and lots of spices! Itwas pretty much the best salad I've ever made.So last night was pretty chill, my sister and I watched twilight on my computer and then psyc on tv with my parents. We finished off the triple berry pie from Wegmans! This morning I woke up around 11 so I decided to not have breakfast and just wait for lunch! And for lunch I made a pretty amazing sandwich! We had some leftover roasted eggplant from last night so I put it in a pita with some roasted garlic hummus and feta cheese! I would have added some tomatoes too but these were really small pitas and mine was already breaking because I stuffed it too full. It was kind of messy because it was breaking and falling out due to the overstuffing but it was so delicious!


So for the rest of the day I'll prob hang out around the house and work on some homework. I really really want to go see Confessions of a Shopaholic but I don't know if anyone here will go with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Amanda @ BloggerBuster